Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Desire2Learn Newsletter Article

Desire2Learn is the course management system we use at my university, and the folks at Desire2Learn asked me to create a "Showcase Course" for them at their community website, highlighting the use of widgets. They also asked me to write a brief article about that for their community newsletter, 2Gether - and the newsletter just came out! Here is the article:

Feeling at Home in Your Homepage

I hope that seeing some examples of ways to customize the D2L course homepage will inspire more people to customize their homepages! My impression is that many (most?) instructors do not customize their homepages, which is really unfortunate: the online world can become pretty mind-numbing if every class looks just the same, and it's so easy - and fun! - to create a custom homepage.

:-)