Monday, May 26, 2008

Desire2Learn Community Showcase Course, Redux

For those of you who are Desire2Learn users, you may remember that I created a Desire2Learn Showcase course last year, featuring some of the widgets that I use in my own courses. I cannot believe a whole year has gone by! Now that the Community has been upgraded to the latest version of Desire2Learn, I decided to go in and revamp the Showcase course, profiling some of the wonderful new sources for widgets that are available these days, especially the fantastic materials at SpringWidgets.com.

So, if you are at a school using Desire2Learn, you can visit the Showcase course at the Desire2Learn Community website. Unfortunately there is no guest access to the course for non-Desire2Learn users - I wish that they would add that! As soon as I get my courses set up in August for the coming Fall semester, I'll be sure to enable guest access to those courses at least, so that you'll be able to see how the widgets look in action! Meanwhile, here is a screenshot of the Showcase course homepage (click on the image for a larger view):




Some dynamic content may not display if you are reading this blog via RSS or through an email subscription. You can always visit the Schoolhouse Widgets blog to see the full content, and to find out how to subscribe to the latest posts.